Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Luxe E&O Hotel Penang II

The Morning After Tanjung Suite
We have never slept better in a hotel in recent memories - the Tanjung Suite beddings were plush and super comfortable - my partner mumbled inaudibly about wanting to change our home linens to the same over 1000 threadcount quality.  Okay she did not mumble and it was quite audible, it was just my ears refusing to internalize what's going to cost mega dollars. My point is the hotel room's creature comfort galore made our stay truly memorable.   The room came with buffet breakfast for the family.  What can I say...when Breakfast at Tiffany's is not available, you settle for Breakfast At Sarkies!  Presented by the E&O Hotel and by the fabulously breezy Andaman sea !
Sarkies Breakfast Spread was delectable
Our table overlooked the sea and the morning breeze coupled with the aroma of breakfast delights had left an indelible impression which until today I believe was part of the motivation to live partly in Malaysia (the rest of the time I am in Thailand and Singapore). 
 Back to the morning spread.  I am always a sucker for fresh bread and there was fresh bread galore at Sarkies.  Then there was a wide array of fresh made jams from strawnberries, kumquats to local fruits like banana and pineapple.  Pair that with a great barristered coffee - I am set for a lazy morning brunch.  Of course there was the whole nine yards of the usual  breakfast items expected of a luxe hotel - which my family thoroughly dug in, but for me, quality bread, spread and coffee are my simple indulgence.
The Rascals In The Pool Right After Breakfast
It was a pleasant surprise that the E&O did not chase away the furry visitors below at the poolside.  Then we saw a wandering peacock as well!  It was such simple but creative thoughts of the hotel management that makes the E&O so memorable even until today.
Mother & Child



No comments:

Post a Comment