Saturday, April 2, 2016

Car Styling

WHEN STOCK AIN'T GONNA CUT IT

I posted awhile back on how I bought my rides in JB on a budget. Being a car buff that I am, I would not want to be caught driving a stock car if i can help it, especially when friends and relatives come visiting my kampung for holiday stays.

Just as I travelled all over Malaysia in search of my car collection, I make a holiday fun trip out of travelling all over Malaysia and Thailand in search of parts and accessories to "pimp the ride" (in the caustic words of my partner).  While in Muar and Kuala Lumpur, we sourced the diffuser kit and dual tip exhaust for my Classic.  As I was shopping along Jalan Mutiara one day, I stumbled upon this one stop shop where I found a rubber spoiler for my friend's CLS.  He is an attorney in SIngapore but bought a CLS in JB for him to drive during his family's weekend visit.  I help crank start his car every other day since he parks the Mercedes at my village compound (this reminds me to start charging parking rent and valet services!).
On one of our frequent trips to neighboring Thailand, we help him buy a pair of fantastic exhaust tips (S$260) to fit the custom diffuser kit (MYR800 which he retrofitted in JB).  The exhaust tips now make the car 300% fiercer than when he first bought the car.  Every now and then he would have drivers giving him thumbs up, or even car accessories shop owners asking where he bought them.  Well, they are Made In Taiwan and bought in Thailand, what a great find!
We also help him buy a new upgrade front grille (MYR800) in KL - even though he had wanted to modify a new Mercedes diamond grille - but I advised him against it as a factory made-to-fit grille is always better than a custom one - the latter sometimes just does not fit well and will rattle as time goes by.

You also saw my Sports car project - I was trying to retrofit the Lambo door? I got the very hardy hinges from Thailand (S$500) as the ones I found in JB and KL were too weak and I saw a door actually shaking as the door goes up due to the low quality steel!  These hinges from Thailand (photos right) are made of high gauge steel and double the size of the parts I saw in Malaysia.  Budget airline fare to Thailand well spent !!!

CHECK THEM OUT WHEN YOU ARE THERE!

MALAYSIA
MX Car Body Kit 29, Jalan Masai Utama 1, Taman Masai Utama, Johor
Tel  +607-2550216  WeChat & WhatsApp   +6014-612 2683
Closed Sunday
* bought the CLS spoiler here for just MYR150

We One Auto Station127, Jalan Dato Sulaiman, Taman Century Garden, Johor Bahru
Tel +6012-7185569 / +6012-7195569
They seemed to be open whenever we drove pass even during holidays!
* bought the diffuser kits for my Classic and Sports here, each MYR100

THAILAND
SingTo AutoSorry business card only has address in Thai. Visit www.singtoauto.com
Tel  02-2262001,  02-2215087
HP  083-0822293
* a haven for Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Isuzu and Chevy accessories

RTN MotorSorry business card only has address in Thai. Visit www.rtnmotor.co.th
Tel  02-6118090
HP  081-2555800, 081-8890926
* got Mercedes HID headlights (S$400), Lambo Door Kit (S$500) and many continental accessories here







No comments:

Post a Comment