Monday, April 11, 2016

Printer Secret

 Desperately Seeking Cartridge

I am not sure if any of you techies out there had been frustrated by your home (or for that matter office) printer?  This personal computer and peripheral ignoramus has always been challenged (and lost) by my home electronics.  From frozen laptops that does not want to turn on to printers that spew ink and refuse to print properly - you name it.

Recently the kids had to submit a project which entails their PC skills.  That means they have to research from the laptop, type on Word document or Powerpoint slides and then print them out from the home printer.  Luck had it that the printer ink ran out and printed only grey blurry images and text. 
We went to Aeon Bukit Indah - the largest shopping center around Nusajaya area - also popularly known by the supermarket name Jusco that is within its mall - and NO ONE HAS INK CARTRIDGES for my old Cannon Printer.  I was greeted with cynical sales folks who either said they had not heard of the above model, or expressed mock surprise that I was still using "that old model".  Well, if I showed them my retirement bank balance perhaps they would be more empathetic.  The printer was hardly used, save for those times when we had to print our  budget airline itinerary and boarding passes.
Printer Cartridge
Huge IT Mall For Handphones To PC Needs
In come the white knight in the form of IT Mall near the Woodlands Causeway called Danga City Mall.  We were carrying our printer from one shop to another Desperately Seeking Cartridge and boy did I want to kiss the owner of IDEAINK when he said he could modify my printer to a bigger cartridge which would cost less and last longer. Without hesitation I dropped off my printer for his 1.5 to 2-hour modification. 

We had shopping to be done so we went down to the basement for groceries, and then roamed around looking at furniture, carpets and handphone accessories.  My ancient printer taught me a lesson on IT - that models change faster than the seasons.  So I bought 2 of handphone covers for my old Samsung which I would not trade up ever lest the covers go out of stock.  True enough, the only ones I found were on sale, from MR69 down to MR10 and they were only 5 left.

Danga City Mall Bargains 
We even had time for a quick bite at the Malay Cafe just at the main entrance - small pizza for MR10, Clam Chowder for MR6.50, you know the drill - great food great ambience at great prices.  Time was up and we triapsed up to IDEAINK and voila, our printer - upgraded and ready to go.  The gentleman owner who personally modified my printer told us that we could easily get replacement cartridge with the upgrade as my "new" printer now uses universal cartridge.  All that - modification and a new higher capacity color cartridge for just MR110 - and supposedly it would last about 5 to 8 times longer than my old Canon cartridge which used to cost me MR135 (at a much smaller capacity) to replace and yet does not last very long.
My "New" & Modified Printer With Bigger Capacity Cartridge


IDEAINK is on Level 3, Unit 32, Jalan Tun Abdul Razak, Danga City Mall, Johor Bahru
Tel:   +607 221 3618

Open 11am to 9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment